|From my garden|
BRUSCHETTA~The original "garlic bread".
- Thick sliced peasant or sourdough bread.
- fresh whole peeled garlic
- thick sliced tomatoes
- extra virgin olive oil
- thin sliced basil
- salt and pepper
- (crumbled feta cheese is optional but we love it)
|California "early" garlic|
DIED AND GONE TO MONTECELLI ~ Now that we have that great crusty bread, toasted or untoasted, here's another simple but fabulous way to use that fresh garlic.
- 1/2 C extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp-1 Tbs red chili flakes (depending on how much heat you like)
- 6 cloves of fresh chopped garlic.
Serve in a shallow bowl and dip away. You'll think you've died and........................
We now have fresh, out of the field, garlic! www.garlicfestival.com