Friday, October 5, 2012

Sweet & Spicy Garli Glazed Yams

Yay! Its officially fall and my most favorite time of the year. The temperatures here are starting to cool off and sweaters, boots and scarves are venturing out of closets.
At this time of the year we start looking forward towards the holidays, and thinking about all the delicious meals we are going to have. I know I have been pinning recipes that I want to try in preparation for Thanksgiving!
So, in the spirit of planning early, I thought I would start sharing some of our Holiday favorites in a short blog series so we can tempt YOUR taste buds. My first is recipe for one of my personal favorites..
Sweet & Spicy Garli Glazed Yams
2 lbs. Yams or sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2" chunks
juice of 1 lemon
4 Tbsp Garli Glaze
2 Tbsp butter
1 tsp salt

Add lemon juice to a bowl of cold water and toss with yams as you work.
In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter and add Garli Glaze, stirring to combine. Remove from heat.
Drain yams and arrange in a baking dish sprayed with non-stick spray. Sprinkle with salt and pour over the glaze.
Bake in 375 oven for approximately 25 minutes or until tender.
Mash to desired consistency and transfer to a serving dish pouring any remaining glaze from dish on top.
Serve HOT!

No comments:

Post a Comment