now we aren't down in N'Awlins but we're gonna try n hep ya'll to cook a little Cajun today wit dissin here Garlic Jambalaya..
- 1 lb Andouille sausage (or italian sausage)
- 1 1/2 cups diced smoked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 tbsp CA Cajun Seasoning
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped garlic
- 2 chopped celery
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 3 cups chicken broth or 3 cups stock
- 2 jars Spicy Garlic Festival Salsa ( or mild if you prefer less heat, or one each!)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions with top
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Brown sausage in heavy 4-6 quart pan or skillet, drain fat.
- 2 Add peppers, onions, celery and Cajun seasoning. Simmer until just about tender, then add garlic and cook until tender.
- 3 Add rice and stir until rice is mixed in and coated with sausage and vegetables.
- 4 Add broth and salsa, bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Let stand five minutes covered.
- 5 Add fresh chopped onions and parsley and fluff with a fork just before serving.